Wednesday, September 3

CSA WEEK 13

We eat tomatoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner around here.  2 fried eggs over 2 lightly sauteed Cherokee Green tomatoes is my breakfast; a 1 inch thick slab of beefsteak tomato on toast with pesto or mayo is my lunch; tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olive oil, salt,  is my dinner.  And that's not counting the 2 dozen or more White Cherry tomatoes I eat during the day!  These are my meals with little variation (perhaps I'll load a greens salad with sliced tomatoes) until the plants quit.

Carnivore alert:  I have 10 chickens from the Fingerlakes--pastured, free range, no antibiotics, people rave about them.  Let me know if you'd like one reserved.

Meats from the Piggery! Cottage bacon and cappicola.  $6/each


Peak tomato week.  The flavor and quality is best ever. 

3 lbs!!! tomatoes (try the Cherokee Green!!!)
1 pint cherry tomatoes--try the White Cherry!!! Like plums!
Bag of mixed asian greens--very tender.  Chop and toss with tomatoes for a salad, or use in stir fry
1 summer squash--getting ever smaller
1 pepper--pooping out, perhaps 1 or 2 more weeks
red cippolini onions and garlic
peaches or pears or apples

At the stand:

Green gage plums!!!!!   Short supply--please don't sub for your fruit--I need to get my money back on these.  They are really awesome.

Eggplant--lousy year for it, but the little Italian eggplant I have is ready.

Cukes--second small batch

Tortillas--good, yes?

Buckwheat Honey!!!!! It's good for you!

Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment