Wednesday, September 19

Week 16!


Wind that is in orchards
     Playing with apple-trees
Soon will be leagues away
     In the old rookeries.
Vaguely it arises,
     Swiftly it hurries hence: --
Like sudden beauty
     Blown over sense:
Like all unheeded
     Beautiful things that pass
Under the leaves of life,
     Just touching the grass.
F. W. Harvey
 
 
Order of business #1:  I'm pleased with fall crops, so I'm happy to open up the fall share to summer members who would like to join.  I think I can accommodate 12 more, so first come, first serve!  Let me know as soon as possible by sending me an e-mail.  Thanks!

Order of business #2: Appleridge Farm will be providing 40 lbs. of beef in various forms--there is a flyer at the farm stand with details.  Hans will get me the price for this very soon.  Again, shoot me an e-mail if you are interested.
 
This week's share:  onions, peppers (next week is last week for peppers!), choice of kale or arugula or baby tat soi, outrageously tangy radish microgreens, potatoes (unwashed!!!--haven't been pleased with keeping quality after washing), garlic, a head of lettuce (same as last week--fantastic variety!) and a choice of 5!!! varieties of apples.

Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment